The old saying goes, “If you always do what you always did you will always get what you always got.” That’s the definition of insanity. So if you want to achieve a higher purpose , or a more fulfilling life, or greater peace and happiness, or greater success is business, better health whatever it may be you need a specific plan. Throwing “wants” into the wind without thought and purpose will get you nowhere but frustrated and looking back a year from now on my where year went.
Here are 5 simple steps to get you where you need to be for success
1. Clearly state what you want for the New Year, whatever your goal is for 2013, it can be small or big, just specifically say what it is. For Example, I want to be healthier, I want to be more peaceful, I want to travel more, I want to Make more money, WHATEVER it is just write it down,
In 2013 I will be __________________________________________________________________
OK GREAT congratulations you know what it is you are looking for and you wrote it down in a positive statement of fact
2. OK Next now how will that make you feel? You have to have some connection to achieving this goal and feeling is one of the most powerful ways to accomplish that, so close your eyes and imagine yourself healthier or more peaceful, making more money…. What does that feel like? Play that thought in your mind for several minutes, then write down some of the key feelings that image invokes. This will be important to relive this vision on a regular basis to keep you on task, at least once daily you should see your goal at work.
3. Ok you know what it is you want, you know what it feels like to have achieved that goal it’s time to figure out how to do it. The biggest excuses I hear for lack of achieving a goal is I just didn’t have the time, I got to busy, things came up. IF you REALLY are serious about this goal you have to TAKE IT SERIOUSLY! The best way to achieve this is schedule an appointment for yourself. If health is one of your plans put on your schedule, meals, vitamins, walks, work outs, drinking bottles of water etc. PUT IT ALL ON THE CALENDAR, yes it might look silly to you but these reminders in your busy day and your commitment to meet all of your appointments will be one of the greatest keys to your success. Treat these calendar items as you would a real appointment, do not blow it off or ignore it because “it can be done later” Your goal , desire, needs are no longer sitting on the back burner.
4. Journal it, at the end of each day sit down and write in a journal, record a video or audio journal or where ever you are most comfortable but write how it felt to and about your successes, forgive your mistakes in the process, Reestablish #2 How does succeeding this goal make you feel and move on.
One failure, even one day of failures does not mean it is the end, it simply means tomorrow, you pick it back p and start all over again every day.
5. Have some way to visually track your success, maybe it is #’s and you scratch the off as you lose weight, Maybe it is a countdown of days since you stopped this or days until you get to do that. Add photos or quotes whatever you want or need to remind yourself of your successes. Tell a trusted friend, family member or co-worker to e in ally and champion for your success. DO NOT pick someone who will sabotage your victories.
I promise you if you follow these 5 simple steps each and every day you WILL have the success and reach the goals you desire, nothing just appears, it all takes work, but YOU have complete control over whether you succeed or not. Here is too a Year filled of Success!